Pippy Park is located at the northern boundary of St. John’s, Newfoundland. A general geographic description of the Park is the area of land bounded approximately by the north side of Elizabeth Avenue in the southeast, Thorburn Road in the southwest, Portugal Cove Road in the northeast and the Windsor Lake watershed in the northwest.
Driving into St. John’s on the Trans Canada Highway, take Exit 46 to enter Pippy Park.
- Turn left onto Nagle’s Hill Road for the golf course facilities and back-country trails
- Turn right onto Allandale Road and follow Park signage for the campgrounds, Fluvarium, North Bank Lodge, and mini golf
- Turn right on Allandale Road and right on Mt. Scio Road for Park Headquarters.
View on Google Maps
From downtown St. John’s, drive north on Allandale Road and follow Park signage.
Walking Routes to the Park
A network of walking trails link Pippy Park to the downtown core and other parts of St. John’s. See the Grand Concourse Authority for more information.
Bus Routes to the Park
Metrobus routes from downtown St. John’s include Routes 1, 16 and 17. All bus routes stop on Allandale Road across from the Confederation Building.
Free parking is available in several areas within the park including:
- The Admiral’s Green Clubhouse, termination of Allandale Road (for access to Three Pond Barren trails)
- North Bank Lodge on Nagle’s Place
- The Fluvarium.