Tips for the Trail
- Park trails are surfaced in various materials: fine gravel, compacted earth, boardwalks. Our back country paths can be uneven, rocky and have exposed roots. Keep your feet happy: wear appropriate footwear.
- Sunny? Cloudy? Hot? Drizzly? Our weather can change quickly. Dress accordingly. We recommend bringing a water bottle.
- Smell it, touch it, admire it, but please don’t pick it. Leave flowers and plants for others to enjoy.
- Take it in, take it out or put litter in garbage receptacles.
- Respect others on the trails. Birders, joggers, parents with strollers, dog walkers, cyclists (the latter permitted on back country trails only) be aware of others and share the path.
- Accessibility: Many GCA trails in the Park are wheelchair accessible. Users are advised to visually inspect a selected route in advance to determine which sections, due to topography, may present difficulty for persons in wheel chairs or others whose mobility is impaired.
- Leave only footprints, take only photographs, enjoy the journey.